Monday, May 31, 2010

Mad Monday

Unlike some people, I always enjoy Mondays. For the past four years, I've had the pleasure of getting together with a fabulous group of ladies, on the pretense of teaching them to paint. Really, the art is just a small part of our day. We laugh, talk, eat, laugh, chat, eat, laugh, eat some more.....and maybe get some painting done too!

To make it even more fun, classes are held at the home of the gorgeous S, who lives in a beautiful spot near the water. Doesn't sound much like work, does it? Here's a pic of the kind of view we get to enjoy every week:






Oh, and to make things even more fun, I'm helping S with the renovation of her lovely beach house. I'll try to get some decent photos today of what we've done so far, it's looking great already.

I have a busy few days ahead this week, but I'll make sure I get the little giveaway I mentioned organised and underway. Hope you all have a great Monday too!

16 comments:

  1. Monday sounds like so much fun when you put it like that Kerri! Art classes - by the beach - with friends - and food...what could be more perfect!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you and S have come up with for her beach-house reno so far:o)
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to swap your Monday for mine Kerri! Yours sounds like much more fun, so please enjoy on my behalf. I'll have what you lot are having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kerri I would seriously love to join your classes! Would that be possible?
    Sharnel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds heavenly! Can we trade Mondays? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like great fun! I quite like Mondays as it's my day off :) I never get Mondayitis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man that sounds perfect. I'm just about to run out the door to work - can we swap please??!!! jxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful view to enjoy whilst painting. Sounds like your Mondays are spent doing something really enjoyable. Can't wait to see the renovation of your friend's house x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a nice way to start the week..look forward to seeing the makeover..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kerri Monday sounds like a wonderful day for you. A few years back I belonged to a painting class like that, not much painting done but lots of laughing, chatting and fun was had week after week.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Spectacular place to paint - no wonder you love Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I so wish. I HATE Monday's. Yours sounds heavenly.
    Looking so forward to seeing some renovation pics too.
    Kristine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely, I hope the weather was too! I was cold all day!!! Looking forward to your renovation reveal....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kerry you must give us some more details about your art classes and also if you sell your art?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous views- tough job but someone has to do it lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kerry, your post takes me back. I know just how much I used to enjoy my Saturday morning folk art classes. The group of ladies I painted with were all from very different backgrounds, varying ages and different stages in our lives. However it was amazing just how well we bonded through our common love of painting. We also managed to solve ALL the problems of the world in those 4 short hours on a Saturday morning! I envy your Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds like such fun. I'd love to be by the beach with friends, eating, chatting, and painting every Monday. Divine!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails